Rustic Area Rugs
Rustic area rugs are the perfect way to add rustic, farmhouse and country charm to a home. Whether they are placed in the entrance-way to greet visitors, or situated in a living room, dining room, kitchen or bedroom, they add warmth and visual interest.
Rustic area rugs also add color, pattern, and texture and work towards creating a ‘finished’ feel in the overall design aesthetic. They have a way of bringing together all of the separate elements in a room and can be used to tie in all of the colors used in the surrounding décor and furniture. Area rugs also instantly make a room look connected and cohesive. They are a common addition to hard-surfaced floors and look exceptionally beautiful over hardwood floors or tiles.
They have a grounding aspect as well and can be used to anchor the furniture in a room. A properly placed area helps to create a cozy and intimate space. Often viewed as works of art, many woven styles can be placed on walls to add further beauty. Whether you are using rustic rugs as a bold focus for the room, or to unify the color scheme, they add a cozy element that acts as another decorating layer in the home. Combined with decorative pillows, chunky throws and coordinating artwork, they lay the foundation for a warm and inviting rustic retreat.
Browse through a collection of rugs in gorgeous earth-tone shades. From rust-reds to olive greens, browns, and tans all will make a dramatic impact in your rustic decorating theme. Be sure to take into account the tones in your flooring, walls and surrounding décor when making your selection.
Placing area rugs in your home as opposed to wall-to-wall carpeting allows for more flexibility. They are a good choice If you love your hardwood floors but would like to add some warmth and decorative interest. They are also easier to clean and easier to change up if you feel like something new.
- Alamosa Cabin Rug: Rows of southwest geometrics in cream, brown, beige, rust and tan on the Alamosa Rug Collection complete your southwestern room. Available in many sizes.
- Featuring intricate Indian motifs in a soft grey palette, this area rug is the ideal foundation for your space. Meticulously handwoven from the highest quality sheep’s wool, a material known for its durability, this beauty is made to withstand it all.
- Add lodge appeal to your room with this polypropylene rug featuring southwest motifs and black bears with jute backing.
- Blue Canyon Southwestern Rug
- Each one goes through a complex tanning process and is hand-picked by a design team for size and coloring – no two rugs are alike. From start-to-finish, this cowhide rug is made in a fair trade tannery committed to preserving the finest quality hides in Argentina.
- A new generation Southwest rug designed by Dine' (Navajo) artist Randy L. Baron. This rug captures not only his street-smart style but his brush strokes as well.
- Cabin Chalet Rug: Lodge designs are hand-carved on the heavyweight olefin Cabin Chalet Rug Collection in rich burgundy, green, beige, black and toffee.
- Bold geometric design, warm desert tones, flatweave construction. Handwoven from the highest quality sheep’s wool, a material known for its durability, this showstopper can stand on its own and also looks incredible layered.
- Canyon Shadow Saddle Rug : A palette of taupe, chocolate, rust and turquoise bring a southwest design to life on this premium nylon, stain and soil resistant rug. Made in the USA.
Canadian Purchase Only: Canyon Shadow Saddle Rug