- Sort by Default Order
Christmas Bedding & Decorating Ideas
Celebrate the most wonderful time of the year by bringing the holiday spirit into the bedrooms in your home. It’s the perfect way to experience the Christmas spirit from the moment you awake and it’s also easy. Simply swap your everyday bedding for more seasonal fare.
As an interior designer, I love preparing our home for Christmas. I had never considered decorating the bedroom for the holidays until I stumbled upon kid’s Christmas bedding while looking for the perfect gift for my niece many years ago. I wanted to find something unique that she could enjoy for many years.
Given that children are so excited about Christmas, I thought a festive quilt would be fun. She was allowed to open this gift a month before Christmas, and we created a magical holiday bedroom for her. She loved it and so did her friends. It was pulled out every year after that for many years to come.
That’s when I had thought it would also be fun to decorate the master bedroom as well. Small touches can make a world of difference.
Here are a few things you can do to create a Christmas bedroom:
- If you are looking for holiday bedding that works all year round, buffalo check and plaid bedding are a great choice.
- If you have solid white bedding, you can place a festive throw at the end of the bed and layer on Christmas embellished throw pillows at the top.
- Create a festive display on dressers with small metallic Christmas trees, reindeer, and candles.
- Dress your room for winter with knitted throws, sumptuous velvet blankets, faux fur pillows, and soft and cozy textures.
- Bring the outdoors in with found fresh greenery and pinecones and fashion a piece to hang above a bed or place on a dresser.
- Go with traditional red and green, or hues of blue with silver or white. Rustic browns and tans also work well.
- Tie lovely ribbons on the pulls of a chest of drawers and nightstands.
- Deck your headboard with fresh pine, string lighting, or a wreath.
- Add a mini tree on a countertop or a large-scaled tree tucked into a corner.
- Add a hand-painted sign with festive typography featuring your favorite Christmas expression.
- Hang stockings from the bed frame at the foot of your bed.
- Give your bedroom a winter-wonderland feel with sparkling and frosted accessories.
- Hang a wreath from a mirror.
If you are looking for rustic Christmas decorating ideas for the entire home I recently updated a post on the blog covering Woodland, Nostalgic, Farmhouse and Rustic Christmas themes.